Locks and Security News: your weekly locks and security industry newsletter
23rd May 2018 Issue no. 411
Your industry news - first
We strongly recommend viewing Locks and Security News full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
Only two months until Lockexpo!
With only a few weeks left until Lockexpo 2018, the countdown is on! Don't forget that you will need to re-register, even if you have attended before. Do it in advance and save time on the day!
If you haven't got it in your calendar yet, why not? Here are a few great reasons to visit that you might have missed:
- Our sponsor, Eurocell! We're very excited to have Eurocell sponsoring, and they'll be in the Atrium so you can make them your first stop as you enter the exhibition.
- Training workshops! We have some great classes available with highly respected trainers. You can read more and book online here.
- New Kids On The Lock! For 2018 we're launching a special new area where you can see the latest new gadgets and ideas from suppliers you may not have met before.
- History Of Locks Museum! For the second year, we're delighted to host the History Of Locks Museum, who'll have a large area where you can browse their fascinating collection.
- Locksmith Bring & Buy! The ever popular Bring & Buy stall will be in the concourse again. Come and snag a bargain or sell that lovely tool you spent a fortune on but never used.
- Picking competitions! For the first time ever, we're going to be holding picking competitions. Test your skill and win prizes!
- Over 40 exhibitors (so far)! That's right - more than 40 different suppliers have booked, and we have more unconfirmed. We'll announce them on Facebook and Twitter - follow us to keep up with all the buzz!
- NEW LASM app! We've just launched our app, which not only brings you in-depth articles, news and tutorials, but also announcements about the expo. Download it from the Play Store or the App Store.
- Family Room! Sunday 11th is Mother's Day and we know that some of you will bring your families with you. We'll have a dedicated room where mums and dads can park the buggy and let the kids blow off a little steam (note: you must supervise your kids).
- Our chosen charity: Guide Dogs! Did you know that over 2 million people in the UK live with sight loss? We're supporting Guide Dogs this year and you'll be able to donate and pick up leaflets about the valuable work done by the Association.
- Awesome social scene! One of the most cited reasons for visitors coming to the show is to catch up with friends they only see once a year. Don't miss the highlight of the locksmiths' social calendar!
- Free parking and on-site hotel! At the end of a long day of shopping, training, picking and catching up with friends, the convenience of having the hotel on-site and your van parked right outside free of charge is priceless!
10th January 2018