Locks and Security News: your weekly locks and security industry newsletter
11th September 2019 Issue no. 474
Your industry news - first
We strongly recommend viewing Locks and Security News full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
Access Control in the Asia-Pacific 2017
IFSEC Global surveyed hundreds of security professionals to gauge the capabilities of access-control infrastructure across the Asia-Pacific and demand for the latest generation of technologies. Sponsored by HID Global (APAC), Access control in the Asia-Pacific 2017: Legacy Infrastructure, Innovation and the Internet of Things.
Survey respondents - in a variety of sectors - answered questions on a wide range of topics, including, among others:
- The prevalence of various card-based technologies
- The technical capabilities of installed, operational systems
- Satisfaction levels with current systems
Demand for upgrades
- Intentions to deploy additional features
- Who decision-makers are when it comes to procurement
The emergence of IoT (Internet of Things) driven innovations means that any analysis of the access control market in 2017 is incomplete with a major focus on mobile access and applications like indoor-positioning services and security guard tour applications. To this end, we polled respondents on the following IOT-related areas:
- Prevalence of mobile access deployment
- Prevalence of deployment of other applications harnessing
- Barriers to adoption of mobile access
- Demand for next-generation IoT and cloud-based innovation
The mobile phone is without doubt one of the most disruptive forces of the digital age. From the feature phone, through to smartphone, the pace of evolution in mobile has been matched only by our reliance on the technology.
Download the report www.ifsecglobal.com
5th April 2017