Locks and Security News: your weekly locks and security industry newsletter
21st October 2020 Issue no. 530
Your industry news - first
We strongly recommend viewing Locks and Security News full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
Gira launch Video Home Station 7
Gira, one of the world's leading full-range suppliers of intelligent system solutions for building management, is pleased to launch the new and award-winning Gira Video Home Station 7:
* a modern surface-mounted video and door communication system with 7-inch TFT touch display
Recently awarded a Red Dot Award 2019, the new Gira Video Home Station 7 is available from 1st May 2019 and designed to help your customers achieve a comfortable and secure living environment that embodies high-design.
The 7-inch (17.78 cm) touch display automatically switches on the instant someone rings the doorbell, ready to conveniently operate and set functions via the intuitive menu. Users can define 'favourite' functions from the start screen, as well as 'one-touch' buttons that allow for super quick and convenient light control and door entry - even when the display is set to off-mode!
'One-touch' also provides access to communication records, allowing your customers to review missed visitors, deactivate set ringtones, manage image memory, make internal calls between installed systems and importantly, check system status.
Available in two colour options, Pure White Glossy and Black Matt, with each variant designed with a matching glass surface: pure white glossy with white glass, and black matt with black glass.
Highly flexible, the new communication system is designed for the wall via surface-mounted installation or deck-mounted using its base. Ideal for conversions and retrofits, Gira recommend the home station is supplied in combination with the Gira DCS 2-wire bus system - a configuration tool which enables connection to the IP network and easy configuration. By doing so, the DCS bus allows supply for up to 28 Gira surface-mounted video home station 7 devices: ideal when specifying for a high-rise apartment building as each home station does not require additional power supply to operate! Simply select the push-button start-up function or quickly and conveniently set-up the device using the Gira Project Assistant (GPA).
TFT display technology:
* With TFT display, your customers benefit from less energy consumption which will reduce the cost of utility bills in the home. It also provides a sharp visibility by removing any geometric distortion on-screen: great for tired eyes or users with laboured vision.
Significantly, the new Gira Video Home Station 7 is designed with an 'alert feature' meaning if the user is visually or hearing impaired, the home station can provide tactile feedback by vibrating during full touch operation: similar to how smartphones operate today. That, combined with the high speech quality of the in-built speakerphone function promises optimum control and accessibility for all types of customer.
* Local image memory (SD Card) able to export recorded images
* Speakerphone function with excellent voice quality
* High-resolution screen with touch function and tactile feedback
* Clear image thanks to 7-inch display with wide field of vision
* Convenient operation using icons
* High-quality materials and compact dimensions
* Intuitive control of the basic functions with speed dial buttons
* Secure with pin protection and access
* Programmable to create multiple preferences & settings per user
The new Gira surface-mounted video home station 7 combines living comfort with security, and cannot fail to impress with its purist design. Offered in two colour variants, each with a matching glass surface: Pure white glossy with white glass and black matt with black glass.
The Gira surface-mounted video home station 7 can be fixed to the wall via surface-mounted installation, or placed on furniture using the base, for example in the reception area in surgeries, or on a desk in an office.
15th May 2019