Locks and Security News: your weekly locks and security industry newsletter
13th January 2021 Issue no. 540
Your industry news - first
We strongly recommend viewing Locks and Security News full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
Read by industry professionals nationwide
Locks and Security News is currently taking a 2 week break.
In this week's issue:
- Oops! The much-vaunted biometric locks proved to be no match for skilled competitive hackers at the DefCon convention in Las Vegas recently. Perhaps it's a case of too much hi-tech and not enough lo-tech, i.e. the basics
- Meanwhile a so-called locksmith in the US is exposed as a phoney after failing test for licence
- The MLA has launched a Continuous Professional Development programme for locksmiths
- MPL's Graham Jones joins Bradford City as a board director, while Greg O'Brien joins AM Support Services as Divisional Director of Security Services
- Infinova's integration enables an easy jump to IP surveillance
- Aceda joins Mobotix partner programme
- and Genie takes a bike ride in aid of children's charity
Tell us about your own products, interesting installations, amusing stories, charity or promotional activities such as new literature, and we'll tell everyone else. Don't worry about 'proper' English or editorial style, we'll take care of that for you. It might take a little longer to publish, that's all. Click the newsdesk email link here News
Resident technical writer and locksmith Mick Friend is always on hand to advise or help and you can email him direct or reach him via the other contact details at the foot of this page.
4th August 2010