Locks and Security News: your weekly locks and security industry newsletter
17th April 2019 Issue no. 453
Your industry news - first
We strongly recommend viewing Locks and Security News full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
IFSEC Seeks Top 40 Security and Fire Industry Influencers
As IFSEC approaches its 40th year, the IFSEC team would like to know who you deem the 40 most influential players in the global security and fire industry today. From the hottest conference speakers, to the most followed tweeters, we want your help to compile a global list of the top 40 leading thinkers and innovators.
With a plethora of exciting developments taking place in these innovative industries, we're asking you to nominate the individual you think is the most influential person in the security and fire markets today.
Rob Ratcliff, Web Content Manager on the IFSEC Digital portfolio, comments:
"This is the first time anyone has ever tried to produce such an extensive list of the most influential people in the global security and fire industries. This list is not just another awards programme but a chance for us to find some of the true innovators of the industry whose work is shaping the future of the security and fire world.
"I would ask people to think hard about some of the less well known individuals who are instrumental in changing technology. We want this list to represent the most comprehensive and complete one compiled to date - for this we'll need nominations from all around the world."
The top 40 will represent the entire security buying chain from manufacturer through to distributor, installer, integrator, consultant, trainer and end user.
We're also looking for nominations of key industry stakeholders so don't rule out police chiefs, politicians or trade associations.
Nominate your top influencer, together with their company, and a short explanation (up to 100 words) of why you feel this person is one of the most influential players in the global security and fire industry today. Visit www.ifsec.co.uk now to submit your nomination.
Nominations must be for people not organisations; however you can nominate the CEO or managing director of a particularly innovative company. If more than one person springs to mind, you can also nominate two others. Entries close on Thursday 22 November 2012.
1. Nominations must be for individuals not organisations.
2. An individual can only make one set of nominations limited to up to three nominated people.
3. Individuals may nominate themselves.
4. A valid name and email address must be provided by any individual nominating.
5. A reason must be given for each nominee to gauge why they are worthy of being crowned the most influential person in the security or fire industry, otherwise the nomination may not be considered.
6. The IFSEC top 40 is an editorial project; as such the editorial team may submit nominations.
7. Judging will take place in December 2012 by a panel of judges representing the security buying chain - these will be two people representing the global industry and the editorial team.
8. The judges' decision is final.
9. Results will be announced in January 2013.
The IFSEC Global security events include IFSEC International, IFSEC & Homeland Security India, IFSEC & OSH Arabia, IFSEC South Africa, IFSEC West Africa, IFSEC Southeast Asia, IFSEC Istanbul and Bezpeka powered by IFSEC (Ukraine) attract some 60,000 plus security and fire professionals every year. Visit www.ifsec.co.uk for more information.
7th November 2012