Locks and Security News: your weekly locks and security industry newsletter
27th May 2020 Issue no. 509
Your industry news - first
We strongly recommend viewing Locks and Security News full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
'The Security Oscars' are open for nominations
The nomination process for the 2013 Security Excellence Awards - organised by UBM Live - is now open. Celebrating its 15th year in 2013, this highly prestigious industry awards scheme is specifically designed to commend and honour the very best professionals, projects and processes which both the UK and international security sectors have to offer.
There's a broad range of categories covering every aspect of security from guarding to training and integrated solutions through to successful security partnership initiatives, in addition to the burgeoning of UK-based security talent and solutions overseas.
Previous winners include high profile names from across the entire industry, including: ATEC Security, Chris Lewis Fire & Security, CornerStone, MITIE, Norbain (Vista), Securitas Security Services, Siemens Building Technologies, Showsec, Sodexo, Veracity UK and many more.
The brand new categories for 2013 are:
- Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative of the Year
- Enterprise Security Risk Management Project of the Year
- Counter-Terrorism Solution of the Year
- Cyber Security Project of the Year
- Systems Integrator of the Year
- Best Deployment of Lone Worker Technology
- Security Manager of the Year
Established Security Excellence Awards categories for 2013 are:
- International Achievement Award
- Customer Care Initiative of the Year
- Security Partnering Initiative of the Year
- Small-to-Medium Security Installer of the Year
- Large Security Installer of the Year
- ACS Champion of the Year
- Event Security Team of the Year
- Security Training Initiative of the Year
- Security Consultant of the Year
- Security Guarding Company of the Year
- Contribution to Standards in the Security Sector
The high calibre Judging Panel for 2013 includes 40 independent representatives covering all areas of security, among them end users from the corporate security world, academics, consultants and representatives of the security world's foremost organisations.
Shortlisted nominations will be scrutinised against a rigorous set criteria for each category. Brian Sims, Chairman of the Judges and Media Solutions Manager for UBM Live's Security and Fire Portfolio, commented: "I'm delighted to be judging the Security Excellence Awards for the 14th year in succession, and to once again serve as Chairman of the Judges. The Security Excellence Awards are hugely respected and highly regarded by the industry at large, and it's always extremely inspiring to witness the many and varied solutions that have been developed throughout the course of the business year."
Over 1,000 of the security world's foremost professionals will gather at the celebrated Hilton Hotel, Park Lane, London on 23rd October 2013 for the Security Excellence Awards Ceremony. This black tie event is a 'must attend' for the security industry that will once again promote and reward the very best individuals and companies who have demonstrated the very highest standards.
For more information visit www.securityexcellenceawards.co.uk
The deadline for entries is 28th June.
19th June 2013