Locks and Security News: your weekly locks and security industry newsletter
19th June 2019 Issue no. 462
Your industry news - first
We strongly recommend viewing Locks and Security News full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
ImageIR 8300Z and ImageIR 9300Z - new options for infrared long-range sensing
With the addition to their product range of two new models of the ImageIR series of thermography cameras InfraTec GmbH, in association with their UK representative Armstrong Optical, is entering the security market. Using a powerful 28 to 850mm continuous zoom lens the system is able to deliver human detection beyond 15km and beyond 18km for ground.
As well as the excellent range performance the ImageIR 8300Z and ImageIR 9300Z also offer:
* 30x motorized zoom lens allows easy choice of correct field-of-view
* High performance InSb 640x512 or 1,280x1,024 pixel, 15�m pitch, MWIR detector
* Weatherproof enclosure for the complete camera/lens combination
* Protective Germanium window
* Autofocus capability
* IRIG-B time stamp interface for precise and reliable time-synchronised data recording
* 14-bit A/D image conversion
* No export restrictions within the EU and some other non-EU territories
* GenICAM-compatible software interface for easy integration into existing software architectures
* Optional hardware upgrades with motorized-zoom visible cameras, laser rangefinder, specialized IRBIS3 software package
* System mountable in different orientations, allowing set up on heavy-duty fixed pan-tilt heads as well as in an inverted configuration below, for example, a helicopters.
The GenICAM interface allows for automatic gain and offset control (contrast/brightness, setting of thermal image), focus control, zoom control, internal non-uniformity correction, real-time image processing (eg digital filtering or contrast enhancement) and display of various system parameters.
The ImageIR 8300Z and ImageIR 9300Z have been designed to address such applications as border protection, coast-guard/maritime surveillance, long-range ballistics monitoring/tracking and long-range surveillance of critical infrastructure facilities.
Notes to Editors:
Armstrong Optical Ltd, founded in Northampton in 1997, are known throughout the metrology market as suppliers of a wide range of systems for the measurement of parameters such as shape, form, finish, distance, vibration etc as well as supplying high-precision optical components and optomechanical assemblies for all wavebands, thermal imaging and thermography cameras and optical test instruments.
Armstrong Optical Ltd., 31 Caxton House, Northampton Science Park, Kings Park Road, Northampton NN3 6LG United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0) 1604 654220, Fax: +44 (0) 1604 654221
email: [email protected], Web: www.armstrongoptical.co.uk .
Registered Office: Armstrong Optical Ltd., 31 Caxton House, Northampton Science Park, Kings Park Road, Northampton NN3 6LG United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0) 1604 654220, Fax: +44 (0) 1604 654221, email: [email protected], Web: www.armstrongoptical.co.uk
Registered in England & Wales No.3406287, VAT 695 9488 49, Member of the Federation of Small Businesses
23rd April 2014