Locks and Security News: your weekly locks and security industry newsletter
17th April 2019 Issue no. 453
Your industry news - first
We strongly recommend viewing Locks and Security News full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
Intellectual Property Rights workshop
Most successful businesses, large or small, are built on well managed intangible assets or intellectual property (IP).
Businesses create and use intellectual property all the time, perhaps without realising it. The value of your IP whether it's a trade mark, patent, design, copyright or trade secret can far outweigh the value of your physical assets.
The workshop aims to give participants a good overview of intellectual property and how it can impact on SMEs.
Aim of the Course.
Attendees will gain a good understanding of different types of IP, what IP they already have and how to protect their assets. Participants on this course will be able to:
- Describe the different types of IP available
- Say what should be covered in an IPA audit
- Explain the benefits of incorporating IP within a business strategy
- Understand better how to use IP when researching a licensee or negotiating licensing agreements
- Discuss IP issues with more knowledge and confidence
- Identify potential IP issues
Know where and when to seek further advice
14th January 2015